The Big Dad

The Big Dad

Friday, October 2, 2009

Then I will go with you

There is a story told from Civil War days before America’s slaves were freed, about a northerner who went to a slave auction and purchased a young slave girl. As they walked away from the auction, the man turned to the girl and told her, “You’re free.”

With amazement she responded, “You mean, I’m free to do whatever I want?”

“Yes,” he said.

“And to say whatever I want to say?”

“Yes, anything.”

“And to be whatever I want to be?”

“Yep.”

“And even go wherever I want to go?”

“Yes,” he answered with a smile. “You’re free to go wherever you’d like.”

She looked at him intently and replied, “Then I will go with you.”

Jesus has come to the slave market. He came to us there because we could not go to him. He came and purchased us with his blood so we would no longer be a slave to sin but a slave to Christ—which is the essence of freedom. And now there’s no freer place to be in life than going with Him—with the One who is himself our true liberty.


from "Surprised by Grace: God's Relentless Pursuit of Rebels"
by Tullian Tchividjian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fan and Carl
We have not crossed paths for awhile but still think of your often. oF course I bring up the accident anytime the teens here talk about getting motorcycles.Didn't realize Carl is is still having such pain so will renew prayers. I am praying Tessa is having s deep spiritual growth time with YWAM. How did Carson do in that summer contest? Guess Mandi's duedate is fast apporaching what an exciting chapter to begin. You will have an empty nest before you know it!
Blessings Cathy (& Marshall) Long