The meeting with our orthopedic surgeon went well. We were reminded again that medical technology has advanced such that even a mere 10 years ago, a leg as severely injured as Carl's right one was, would have had to be amputated. When we look at life that way, we have so much to be thankful for!
Carl will not be weight-bearing for 10 more weeks. That means living with a wheelchair until mid-November. But in the meantime his legs can become more agile with therapy and the harder he works now, the easier it should be to learn to walk again after he can stand.
The doctor kept telling me that I can't be "easy" on Carl, because he needs to work hard on range of motion every day. Those of you who know me well know that's not my personality---it looks like I will need to stretch and grow too! It helps a lot that Carl is self-motivated, so I think he'll do well.
Starting today, Carl is going to slowly "wean" off the narcotics that he has been on since his accident. Dr. Essis told him to expect some anxiety, nervousness and sweats, a withdrawal of sorts. Will you pray that he will not need to experience these symptoms? I believe the peace of God can guard his heart and his mind and that he will not need to feel these side effects.
Carl's first in-home physical therapy session is scheduled for tomorrow at 1:00. After that we will know his ongoing schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I AM PRAYING!!!!!!!!!
You can do it!!!
Psalms 34:17
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from ALL their trouble."
(not some...ALL!)
Psalms 142:3
"When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way."
Love you Uncle Carl and Aunt Fan!
Joy LaVale
Praise God he is home again.I haven't been on for awhile because we had another Grandbaby.Denise had her 6th child. All is well. We have been praying for you. Yes Ps. 34:17 is one of my scriptures I hold on to.It works. God Bless you and heal you. My God show you good thing to come. Peace, Grace and Mercy daily. Love and Prayers. Esther Foos
We have been praying from the beginning that Carl would experience quick and complete healing, and we won't stop now.
So glad to know you are back in the comfort of home. We are flying up this weekend for the Grand Opening, maybe we will be able to come see you.
Love you all,
Bill and Karen Whitley
Post a Comment