

And if tonight my soul may find her peace in sleep,
and sink in good oblivion,
and sink in good oblivion,
and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower
then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created.
~D.H. Lawrence
Wow, there's just nothing like a good night's sleep! Carl slept straight through the night last night for the first time in many weeks. Just pure, sweet sleep.... We both woke up this morning a bit confused, because it's been so long that it no longer felt normal to us. It is amazing how sleep affects energy level.
We think the new medication that Carl started just a few days ago may have kicked in or maybe it's that we went to bed later than usual since the kids were all here watching football until nearly midnight, or maybe it's just that he turned a corner--whatever the reason, we are very happy!
In other news, Carl designed a really neat tray (thanks to Brian at the shop for constructing it) that attaches to the front of his wheelchair and acts as a desk or table area. It comes complete with cup holder and pen holder. Our physical therapist thinks we should market the product!
7 comments:
yes, sweet, sweet sleep.
you guys are in our thoughts so much, even though we don't drop by too often.
that tray is GREAT, i would take the p.t's advice, she see's lots of wheelchairs i'm sure and has seen her share of wobbly trays!!
i love you.
Amish ingenuity abounds! Love the tray!
I'm so happy to see pics of you guys at home, together, and at peace! God is so good.
Soooo grateful with you for your sleep!
Love ya'll.
Keep on keeping on!
Oh the benefits of a good nights sleep!
You look marvelous darling!
I would like to order one of those trays.
I like the tray! I was there the evening you (Carl) were telling your Amish neighbor what you want, and I could not picture it at all! I must say though, the idea looks nice now and very functional! Well done.
Praise God for people like you who can "see" things before actually "seeing" them. :)
Yo Carl and Family
I am sitting here and have my ankle soaking in epsom salt and have my foot in an ice chest which holds the water. Yep, good old epsom salt!! I only have a slight ankle sprain-can't imagine, Carl, what you are going thru.
You sure do look refreshed!
Yep, A good night's sleep does wonders.
I have sent "electronic hugs". I can only do that over the phone. I have not been able to figure out how to do it by e-mail or I would do it.
Chub
Hi Carl,
This is soooo you! I guess it's true when they say that "You can't keep a good man down" :o)
Love ya,
Kevin, Anita and Dalton
Uncle Carl you look so good!
im missing you guys here in texas :(
~Lindsay
Post a Comment