

We got to spend an unexpected two days longer on beautiful Anna Maria Island in Florida, thanks to the hospitality of our friends John and Carol Stoltzfus, who invited us to stay at their home after the Hollingers returned to PA. The weather was warmer those last two days, so we spent lots of time outdoors. Carl decided to rent a 3-wheeler bicycle and we biked around the quiet streets of the little town.This is how we accomplished that feat: John duct-taped Carl's left foot to the left bike pedal (!!) so he was able to propel the bike forward with one foot. His right foot rested on top of his crutch, which was also duct-taped in place. I'm not sure Carl's physical therapist would approve of the method, but it was a very good workout for his left leg and it was so much fun!
5 comments:
this is GREAT! leave it to Carl and John to find the sunshine behind the clouds!!
looking forward to Thursday!
so good to see your smiles and read your report of a wonderful vacation time!
What would we do without duct tape?
You should that to the book on 1001 ways to use duct tape. lol
Good to see you out and about doing some normal activities!
Gordie
duct tape + amish genius = good times!
Love you guys...glad to see that your Smucker determination has remained completely in tact. Actually, it may even improve as a result of your present challenges. Imagine the possibilities!
:)
Carl,
You keep up that persistence and you'll go far! Duct tape works for many things :)
I've commented a few times soon after your accident. I was severely injured 4 years ago in an accident - according to the 20+ doctors I've seen since then, I shouldn't be walking with how bad my leg is messed up, but thanks to the healing of God and hours of therapy - some with my physical therapist and some on my own, I walk well and even jog a little today.
Keep pressing on - change to our 'normal' way of life is hard, somehow prepare yourself for a 'new normal' and continue to find your hope in God, even when you are annoyed at your circumstances.
Post a Comment