The Big Dad

The Big Dad

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jonas Beiler

My brother-in-law Jonas (Carl's sister Anne's husband) went for an outpatient colonoscopy yesterday. During the routine procedure, the doctor's scope became caught, ripping a 3-inch tear in the wall of his bowel. It was a serious emergency and Jonas was transported to Lancaster General Hospital for immediate surgery.

If you are interested, you can find out more information on their web log at www.jonasbeiler.blogspot.com. I know how much it means to have people praying at this time. There is a lot going on: the shock and overwhelming emotion they are experiencing is very real.

Carl and I, along with other family members and friends went in to the hospital to be with Anne and their girls during Jonas' surgery. Walking down the corrider, there was a distinct sense of "de ja vu," with the familiar smells and sounds of the hospital, only this time we were thankful to be on the giving end instead of the receiving end.

My heart goes out to the family tonight, I can't stop thinking about them-- but I also have a deep confidence that God will prove Himself faithful, as He always does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean about the 'deja vu'. Praise God once again for His Body here on earth!

oh joy! said...

Love you guys so much. Thanks for sharing your journey. I draw strength from it for myself now. Amazing how all this works together. I continue to keep you in my prayers, too. God knows the way. Let's follow Him together.

Peace and love,
Joy LaVale