Yesterday Carl was back at his "post" at church as one of the ushers for our Sunday morning service. I was honored to have him escort me to my seat! He continues to push forward, working toward as much normalcy as possible.
Nights have been a bit challenging lately. Although he rarely talks about the nerve pain in his foot during the day, Carl sometimes cries out in his sleep. I guess it is a subconscious reaction to the discomfort or maybe it is a side effect of the medication. He tells me in the morning that he doesn't remember it and says he sleeps fairly well, but it is often very unsettling to me: I have trouble going back to sleep, especially if it happens numerous times.
Lyrica doesn't appear to be as effective yet as we had hoped, but we will try a higher dosage this next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I do want to say it blessed me immensely to see Carl the Usher back in action and lookin' good.
I was pretty excited to see another milestone conquered.
Wow.
Christine Sauder
Even though there are some hiccups (sorry to bring back bad memories!) in your recovery, I am blessed by the fact that you continue to show up for life anyway. Don't take that for granted. There are some people who would have given up a long time ago and surrendered to living a half-life, with half a heart. I am also blessed to see you both giving back (directly to us at the moment) what was so freely given to you. There really is only one way to keep what we have. Give it away!
Love you both so much.
Keep showing up for life. God will meet you there. And so will we! :)
Good seeing you at the ladies basketball game! I've been keeping up with your blog and praying for everyone. LOVE the family support and closeness that is always there for you. Always a pleasure to speak with you. I got some good shots with your young lady at the game; Melissa will be sharing a surprise with the team a little later this month ;D Glad I could be a small part of helping these ladies keep memories fresh in their minds! AND enjoyed a fun night out.
Tammy Heagy
normacly, doesn't it feel great!
Uncle Carl glad to hear your doing better. I will call in the next few days to talk with you. I love you and miss you so much.
judy
Post a Comment