Although the two expressions feel contradictory, there are common threads woven throughout: God is completely Sovereign, God is infinite in Wisdom, and God is perfect in Love.
It is in my struggle and questioning, while still trusting in His Sovereignty, Wisdom and Love that He comes to me in a very real and personal way. I can't explain it, I just know it is true. Maybe that is what Faith is all about.
As someone posted on our blog a few weeks ago,
"And so what seems an hindrance, has become a way,
what seems an obstacle has become a door,
what seems a misfit has become a cornerstone.
Jesus changes our hurting from a random series of incidents and accidents
into a constant opportunity for a change of heart."
~Henry Nouwen~
3 comments:
Fan, Go ahead and read Psalm 121. I thought it to be real fitting for you and your family right now. Hey Carl, you must have quite a head of hair if it takes two to cut it! Or, was Mandi supervising?
L.O.L Chub
Fan,
I'm reading a book right now, A Bend In The Road, by Rev. David Jeremiah. You are learning the exact lessons that he is teaching. Isn't the Holy Spirit an awesome teacher and comforter when we are in surrender to Him.
We continue to keep your family, and Carl in prayer. Thanks for the blog. Karen Whitley
Carl and Fan, Mel and I were on a 10 day cycle trip to Vermont and N.Y. I missed your blogs. When we got home, I read all of the ones we missed. Truly God is with you. You are blessing others. Keep Praising Jesus! One of the promises I have claimed through the years is Isaiah 49:15 & 16. My name is in His Hand!! also Isaiah 51: 12 -16. What an awesome God we have. I am so thankful for a place like Rehab. Take care. We love you, Pearl and Mel
Post a Comment