The Big Dad

The Big Dad

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Weigh Down

Every cloud has a silver lining. Dad was overjoyed to learn yesterday that he has lost a significant amount of weight since his accident 19 days ago. He now weighs less than he did when he got married 25 years ago.

We thought it'd be fun to see if anyone could guess exactly how much weight he has lost. If you have a guess, please leave it in the comment box tonight. We'll post the winner sometime tomorrow.

The first one who guesses correctly can choose between two prizes offered by Dad:
1) stopping by the rehab center to share a six-ounce plastic soufflee hospital cup (with lid attached) of fresh fruit with Dad.
2) a meal at Texas Roadhouse with Dad when he is able to walk again.

*Sorry, for those of you who already know the answer, you can't post a guess. (Uncle Dale- this means you.)

Love,
The Kids

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carl,
So glad things are coming along for you .Lee thinks you probably lost 19 pounds, and he said if he is right he is looking forward to having a cup of coffee with you. Perhaps soon we can come by for a visit.How about so chocolate ?
Love ya
Lee and Pam

oh joy! said...

I guess 22 pounds.

Kel said...

Hey fam, how are you all doing? We really enjoy reading your blog. You all do a fantastic job sharing about your lives. Toad and I guess 18 pounds. We decided that Carl can take us AND our girls to Texas Roadhouse. Glad to hear that everything is going so well. Toad & Raquel Knapik

Anonymous said...

Carl, am guessing 23 pounds. You were one skinny dude when you married that sweetheart of yours. - Don Hess

Anonymous said...

I'm going big. 27 pounds.

I bet we can get most of it back at Texas Roadhouse.

-Tim Keller

The lady of the house... said...

hmmmm, 25 years = 25 pounds! that's my guess...Jake's sleeping, but i might see if he can get a guess in before he leaves for work in the morning.
love from lancaster ave.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I was going to guess 19 pounds but that is taken so looks like my next choice is 21. I was noticing in the photos that he was looking slim jim! Had a good outloud chuckle reading the blog tonight and Aaron says from the next room ........what???? hahahhaha!
smiles,
dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll
The guess from Texas is 24 lbs. I am sure that is what it is and I am looking forward to that cup of whatever! Chub

Anonymous said...

good morning Carl, You will be glad to know Dave is west bound with 18 deliveries in the WA, OR and northern CA area. Hope you have a successful workout today. Dave quess is coming in at 24 and 1/2 pounds. : )