The Big Dad

The Big Dad

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday 8/22

It's nice to be able to report just "another good day"-- uneventful compared to the past two weeks, but eventful for us since that makes two good days in a row!

Carl slept well last night, for several hours at a time. His sister Fi spent the night here with him in the hospital. (Someone from his family, a close friend or one of our kids has faithfully stayed by his side these past 14 nights. How can I ever thank you all?)

This afternoon Carl wheeled himself down the hallway to the elevator and we ventured downstairs and out the front door, hoping to get some sunshine. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I think we overdid it a bit!

He is looking forward to seeing visitors. A few people have come during a time when he is alert and he enjoys those visits so much...but at this point it still makes him very tired. I think it is a side effect of the morphine. As time goes on, he will definitely be able to engage more. Thank you for your patience and in some cases, your repeated visits , hoping to see him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carl, you are a stud! Can't keep Big Dad down. Been pray'n for you, Fan and the family and will continue to do so. I know you'll amaze them at rehab. Your determination and fight will have them shaking their heads!

Andy, Ruth, Ashley & Katie Toms

Anonymous said...

Carl, it's great to see you up and around...sort of :) What amazing progress in 2 weeks! Keep pressing on...
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Yo Carl, It is good to see you up and around. Before you know it you will be out of that wheelchair. Hey, I just wanted to tell you I love you AND here in Texas I read every blog every day about 6 times a day(no kidding!). It is much better than the "six o'clock news"
I will keep praying. B.T.W. I have been telling everyone about you and I walked into the convenience store yesterday and the first thing they aseked about was, "how is your brother?" Love you, Chub

Anonymous said...

hello from dallas, texas!
im so happy to hear that surgery's went well and things are slowly healing! i wish i could have visited again before i left for texas. im very looking forward to christmas time when i'll get to see how far you've come uncle carl! in the mean time this blog is so great.. im all the way down south and any time i want i can check up on you! haha..

praying for you uncle carl and aunt fan, mandi, doug, cars, tess and christy!
miss and love you guys!
~Lindsay