Hi everyone, this is Carl. Wow! Where have the last 23 days gone? I have put off posting on this blog for a few days now because I know there is no way I can adequately convey my feelings towards you, my friends.
This one thing I do know, I will never look at relationships and friendships in the same way as I did before the accident. I have been so overwhelmed and humbled. Truly you are a gift from God- a tangible, real gift. This blog that my wife so diligently maintains is an unbelievable source of encouragement to me. Every comment is meaningful and powerful.
The last three weeks have been especially difficult for my wonderful wife. Thank you so very, very much to each one of you who supported her and continue to support her during this time. Next to Jesus, she is the rock that I lean on. She is a remarkable and incredible woman.
And then our 4 children-- Mandi, Carson, Tessa, Christy and our wonderful son-in-law Doug. Wow, you guys sure know how to take care of your dad. You know exactly what I need and you have been there in incredible ways the last few weeks. Thank you.
Because both of my legs were hurt in the accident, they will not be weight-bearing for quite some time. This means that I will be in some sort of therapy for the next 4-8 weeks. But God is faithful. Pray for patience as I follow Him and continued strength for the journey.
While this journey is nowhere near complete, there is one thing I'm convinced of. We have a God who cares, hears and understands and is there for us every second of every day. I have found His grace to be incredible. Thank you so much for standing with Fan and I and continuing to believe that He will bring complete restoration to my body. I am looking forward to the day when I am out and about and able to express, one on one, my thankfulness to each of you.
Until then... keep blogging!
22 comments:
Carl..PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Thanks so much for the entry from you...you look great and we will continue to pray for God's continued healing touch on your legs.....He has surrounded you with an incredible family and loyal friends....as you have been to them in the past. Blessings!!! Ken and Karen
Hey Carl - so good to see you - :0) and to hear from you! (Ok so you made me cry!) You look great! Keep on keepin on and know that we love you all!
smiles,
Gary & Dawn & kids
ps - our Teagan doesn't let a dinner time pass without a prayer for Carl Smucker!
Carl, you look wonderful. I hope you are beginning to feel wonderful. It is great to hear from you. I read the blogs often. We can be thankful for clean sheets, doctors, nurses and meds to help us. Some countries have to walk miles, wait for hours for medical help. We are blessed. We are lifting you up to the throne of Grace for the touch of the Master's Hand upon your body.
Warmly, Pearl and Mel
Carl, It was so great to hear from YOU! Thanks to Fan and your children for sharing your journey with all of us who care! It has touched and amazed me to see how our wonderful Lord has radiated through you and Fan during these trying times. We'll continue to pray, believing for your perfect healing!
Love, Nicole (& Kevin) Hostetter
Carl it was good to hear from you. You look great. I heard my dad stopped in to see you this past week, I am sure he enjoyed spending time with you and being able to get out of the house a little bit. Take care and be blessed!
Clint
Hey Carl,
It's so good to read your very own post! As I've observed you and your family during this time, I'm reminded that life's traumas have a way of breaking us. Some people never recover while for others that brokenness becomes a pathway to deeper faith, greater strength, and amazing accomplishment. I see in you and Fan (and the kids) a brokenness that is not being wasted, but rather used to redefine, reshape, and redirect... no surprise from a true fighter and visionary :) May God continue to grace you with a burning desire to go deeper and reach further than you ever imagined possible. The joy of the Lord will be your daily strength!
Love and prayers, Dawn
Hi Carl,
You look great (like a little boy!). We thought you disappeared since we had not heard from you via the blog for several days. Good to hear and see your doing much better.
Love and prayers,
Mary Ann and Lloyd
Good Morning Carl
You look great, thank you for the update! You have a wonderful wife, an awesome family and lot of friends. I am praying for complete healing. Gordie enjoyed spending time with you on Friday. Have a good day!
Love
Emy
Hi Uncle Carl! It was good to see you yesterday. I love you so much! I am completely blessed to see how God is taking care of you and your family. Thanks for having an open spirit and sharing your journey with so many. The mechanics of God's reality is astounding to me. Who else but a loving and caring God could take such a mess and make it a neverending stream of insights, meaningful growth, lasting perception changes, and blessings?
Too lofty for me to attain...
I will be praying as you requested. Everything you need to press on and push through is already in you! Call your spirit to the front!
-Joy LaVale
Carl, It was so good to see you the other day. When I saw you and Fan in the hallway watching the rain come down, I just felt a calm peaceful feeling kinda like God's spirit raining down on you. I was overcome by a feeling of compassion and love that I really can't explain. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I will continue to pray for healing for Carl and peace and comfort for your family through this difficult time.
Love ya, Gordie
Carl its great to see a blog from you. Been praying for you and will continue to pray for complete restoration for your body.You are blessed with a great family and friends.God is so good.Gene and Pat
Carl, What a treat to hear from you and it is so neat to be able to see you. You are making amazing progress. I saw you when I was in Pa. and I see you now and I am just absolutely amazed. God is good. He is our healer. Here is a great big HUG from Texas!! Love and prayers. Chub
oh Carl! so wonderful to have a little "note" from you. You guys are in my thoughts so often throughout the day, as I live out the daily duties of Mothering. I am sad to say we haven't been in to see you guys recently, this does not mean that our spirits are not connected and with you everyday. We love from here to there...
Jake & Janelle, Tyler & Luke
Uncle Carl, there really isn't a day that goes by that we haven't thought of you so much, praying that you continue to have the strength and grace for what this day holds. We love you and will continue to ask that God's healing would be complete in your body! (It wasn't the same around Houston Run without you...you were DEFIENTLY missed!) We love you so much!
Carl,
Ditto to ALL of the above. You really do look great!
We haved followed this blog almost daily as we traveled from Colorado to CA and then to UH-Hilo to deliver our Megan to college. Sometimes we had Internet and other times not, but we always checked this blog each time we were connected. We are now home in Glenwood Springs and settling into our empty nest.
You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and support system. We will continue to pray for you for healing and patience. And Fan...you are ALWAYS remembered in our prayers.
Love and Gentle Hugs,
Al and Linda
Carl - Everyday is a new day, and a new testimony from you. Each time there is a new message on the blog from you and/or your family, it is a witness to what God is doing. Miracles are happening to you. There are those who, without faith, could not have gone through all that you have - all the surgery's, the meds, etc. and now you're in the rehab hospital looking strong!
We have that hope, belief, and faith, and now you as an example, that God is in the business of healing His children!
Your wife and children taking such good care of you is a huge testimony!
Carl, your spirit is strong, and with your tenacity, you will contine to get stronger each day. God will be beside you and your family, and my prayer is that all of you feel the presence of the Holy Spirit, and His love comforting, as He continues to fill you, and wraps His arms around all of you.
I will get in to see you sometime. The rehab hospital very close to my house!
Blessings to you and your family!
Sharon (works at CLW)
Howdy Carl,This blog has been great resource for all of us to watch your progress, Thank you Fan for you diligence. You are such an amazing person Carl with a loving family. I have been praying frequently for your complete recovery. May God's hand touch your hearts and comfort you and your family through all of this. God has already used this accident to show others that your strong faith in Him has brought you through this tragedy in an incredible way. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us and know that we care for you deeply. Hope to see you soon! Brian Horst
Hey Carl,
Look how far you have come, posting your own comments now! Concetrate on forward motion, progress is one inch at a time, You're doing great!!! I know some varisty soccer guys who want to get some sweet rims on that wheelchair, boy that would get you attention!
"But I will restore you to health and I will heal your wounds," Declares the Lord Jeremiah 30:17
We'll be praying Cathy, Marshall & Kyle Long
Hi Uncle Carl! Thanks for your message! We've been praying and thinking about you ALL THE TIME!! I'm SO glad that you're getting better! Hopefully I can see you soon (the time we came to visit, we didn't get to see you)!! Keep getting better! We miss you! I Love You!
Love, Brianna
Thanks Carl for your comment! It was SO great to hear from you!!! Your picture looked GREAT! We continue to think of you every day and pray for you. The campaign has kept us extra busy, and we're leaving for the Republican Convention in the morning. This week, our home has been turned into a campaign worksite! I really wish we could have seen you when we visited, and we also wanted to see you this week! We look forward to seeing you when we get back! :) Happy Getting Well!
And Fan, You're blogging mean so much to us! We check in all the time! Thanks for sharing your journey with us! You continue to be in our prayers everyday! We love you both!
Love, Sharon and Bri (And the rest of the family) :)
Hi Carl,
It was wonderful to read your post! You remain in our prayers. It's beautiful to see you and your family actually walk the faith that we all say we believe. It's great to see your smile.
God bless,
Nancy and the Engel family
CARL:
thanks for the great reflection on your recovery! When ever I have a "bad day", I will just pull up this entry and thank GOD for the small gifts and remind myself how grateful I should be.
THANK YOU FOR THIS GIFT
Paul
Post a Comment