Last night was hard.
After a long day at the hospital, Carl told me just before I left that he remembers details of the accident happening--the sounds and slow-motion reliving of the moment of impact. I literally felt my heart breaking inside of me. I came home and simply couldn't stop my mind from spinning. I also believe the initial shock of the accident is wearing off for me, the surge of adrenaline is starting to let down, and the harsh reality slammed me that this road ahead of us will be long and hard.
I called a trusted friend, someone I knew would offer me hope in some form. She encouraged me to make a conscious choice not to carry my husband's load. If I believe God's Word--and I do--then I must believe that strength and grace is there for him in HIS situation. God will give me each day exactly what I need in order to deal with MY part of this saga.
And then she did one of the most precious things anyone has ever done for me. By that time it was 11:30 at night: she told me to go back to my bed while she got out of her bed and went to her living room to pray for me and Carl for 30 minutes. She said "Let me do this for you for now, you go sleep." And if I was not sleeping yet at midnight, she wanted me to call her so she could continue "holding" me from where she was until I was able to relax enough to sleep.
I went back to bed and immediately fell asleep.
And she prayed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment