The Big Dad

The Big Dad

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

for today

God,
grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

8 comments:

Janet Oberholtzer said...

Amen and Amen
That's a prayer I have said repeatedly - I say it now for each of you.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Fan.

Von told me about this blog and I have been following it regulary. What a testimony!

Remember last year when you and Von gave me all those perennials? I wanted you to know that whenever I tinker in my flowerbeds, I have committed that time to praying for you, Carl and your family. Thought it a fitting time and place for that! Carl gave the boys four wheeler rides that night we stopped in, so the boys have been praying for "that four wheeler guy".

Our family has logged days/weeks and LGH, so I find myself thinking of you all often. His mercies are new EVERY morning. What a gift! During one of our stints there, I read this prayer, and found it meaningful. Prayed it often...

"Lord, I did not want a new life. I liked my old one just fine, but I understand that going back is not an option. Therefore, Lord, I will move forward. Teach me to seek You and embrace You and grow in this new life. Amen."

Blessings to you all today,
Connie Leininger

Anonymous said...

This prayer is pretty much how I have approach each day. That is how I get through the tough days. I will be praying for you all as Carl faces another surgery today. I realize how weiry this has to be for you. May you feel the presence of God, renewed strength, and find peace in the fact that you are in God's hand.
Love and prayers, Gordie

Anonymous said...

Carl, Fan and Family,
I can not begin to tell you how much I look forward to these blogs.
They are much better than the "six o'clock news," FOR SURE!! I find myself checking this 5 or 6 times a day.
Fan, I know God gives you strength
for the day.
It was soooo good to see you all this past week-end. I will continue to pray. Chub

Anonymous said...

Fan,

I think and pray for your family every day.

Rob, Linda, Kelly, Becca, Andrew Beiler

Jena said...

Hi Fan and Family-
Janelle's friend Jena here. I just want you to know you guys are in our prayers and thoughts. I also want you to know how strong God's spirit shines through you guys even in the midst of pain.
Praying for continued miracles and God moments.

Jordan said...

hello family - we are continuing to pray and believe Gods very best for you all. I saw this video this morning and it really touched me and it seemed appropriate for this situation. I thought you would enjoy it. Copy and paste the link -

http://www.ccli.com/usa/Community/CCLITV/Default.aspx?v=ef9e450c-ee35-4bdf-935e-2f6dd60aa65d

love you guys!
Jordan Smucker

oh joy! said...

I, too, rely heavily on this prayer on a regular basis. It is a brave and courageous prayer. Through Him, you are brave and courageous. Not hard and tough, brave and courageous. I get a visual in my head of Cristian as a small boy getting a shot at the doctors. His bottom lip would pucker, his eyes would fill with tears as he buried his face in my chest. The shot came (and hurt!), he would sob and crawl deep into my lap. Tender, honest, brave, and courageous.

Love you guys.
God loves you more.

Bury your face in His chest.
Curl deep into His lap.

-LaVale