Fan, I wanted you to know that I was praying for Carl alot tonight. I keep asking the Lord that he would help Him to walk in peace and keep his eyes fixed on Christ. I thought I would check the blog before bed and saw your request for prayer for peace. I will pray and fast tomorrow on his behalf and ask the Lord to grant him peace to sustain his heart and mind during this journey. Grace and peace to you as well. Know that you and your family are loved and covered by the awesome grace of our Heavenly Father.
Fan, please know that we are praying for you, Carl and the kids, that "the peace of God which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." I am especially praying for both of you tonight.
Hello Carl & Fan, I was sorry to hear about the accident when we got back from our vacation. I've been lifting you up to our God of miracles.I missed you on Thursday. Did you get any lunch leftovers? This is a wonderful way to stay in tune to what's happening. I check up on you a lot. I pray God will shower you with peace & give you grace for the days ahead. Take one day at a time. Love, Rachel
I am praying tonight for peace in Carl's mind and for yours. I know how easy it can be to start "what if" thinking and about what's ahead, but remember to take one day at a time. You will have to remind Carl of what he said to me about 2 yrs. ago when we were both in the office and I just got back from the dentist. He knew I was nervous about going that morning and he asked how everything went. I explained to him that I had to go back again that next week and I said how that is now on my mind. He told me not to worry about the days ahead because no matter what I think, tomorrow will take care of itself. That is so true!
Carl, I'm so sorry that life stinks for you right now - this is not where you want to be. Too much pain, plus the drugs are probably messing with your mind ... I'm so sorry.
I don't know you, but I'm a friend of Paul and Linda Hertzler from Elverson and they told me about your accident.
I've traveled the road you are on. 'One day at a time' was the key phrase that helped me after life-threatening injuries 4 years ago. After our motorhome was in an accident with 5 semi-trucks in CA, I spent 12 days in a medically-induced coma, needed 45 units of blood in the first 24 hours, was in the OR at least 10 times the first month, had a dozen bone fractures and massive wounds - all on my lower body. At first, amputation seemed like the only answer for my left leg - but praise God, for his healing and for wise, skilled doctors willing to do a 10 hours surgery to save it! The doctors told my husband my leg injuries and my crushed pelvis might prevent me from ever walking again - just 3 short months later, I walked on my own two feet! Our bodies are created in an amazing way - they can heal from incredible traumas! Now (though my legs are severely scared) I walk well, I can even jog alittle (I was a runner pre-accident, so that's a big deal to me) Praying for 'peace that passes understanding' as you take one minute at a time.
Carl & Fan, see my blog for today. It's past midnight and I'm only now getting to bed with my heart full of thoughts toward you. I love you all tonight and always.
Fan, I just now got in from Pa. Yes, I pray for peace for you and for Carl. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon thee because he trusteth in thee" That is my prayer. Isa. 16:31 Fan, it was so good to see you and I can see how God has you in the palm of His hands. You can rest in that. Mandi, It was so good to see you for a breif moment. I do wish I could have seen the rest of you all. I continue to pray for you. Uncle Chub
Hi Fan - just checked in before heading to bed - thank you so much for staying in touch with us through the blog. I am praying for you tonight and especially Carl -for the peace that you requested for him - may God flood his heart and mind and his room too -with HIS perfect peace!
Good Morning Fan, We read your blog last evening before going to bed. We want you all to know we are prayed for you. We pray too that God Himself will reveal His Presence in a very special way to you today. You are continually in our hearts and prayers.
Carl and Fan, Hear is some neat verses for you today. I would have dispaired unless I had beleived that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong,and let your heart take courage;Yes, wait for the Lord. Love to you, Faye
We were saddened to hear of your accident and blessed to see your family and friends praying and standing with you!
We are praying for you and believe that God is the God of the impossible. God is not finished with you yet! May his peace & healing power surround you today!
Good Morning Carl & Fan, I didn't see your blog last night, but read it now and thought of the verse that one of our kids memorized and said whenever she tended to become anxious about something. It's Psa 131:1-2 and her paraphrased version is, "I do not concern myself with matters too great or awesome for me, but I have stilled and quieted myself just as a small child is quiet with it's mother." That's my prayer for you today! Love, Sharon Martin
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you many times the past days and week. You must be feeling like its a terrible dream but just can't seem to wake up. You are very much loved! Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16 NIV
Carl and Fan, I have been reminded of the Lord so much recently about your hearts for him; especially your trip to Africa and the playset that Carl gave. Also the wonderful fundraiser that you had at your home just weeks ago. God has not forgotten your faithfulness and he has such wonderful things planned for your future. Choose to rest in this and his wonderful love. Someone just said to me, "When my whole world fell apart, I still had Jesus! This is so true. We love you. Kim Miller
I just wanted you to know that the Staffieri's are standing with you. I was thinking about something Jesus said to his disciples. "I told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."
Mandi, Carson, Tessa & Christy-We love you all and you are in our prayers. We are praying that you will be unshakable and assured during this challenging time!
Hello Fan, we have been praying for your family since the accident and am believing in healing to Carl's body and peace to his mind. Brent and Theresa Stoltzfus..Kiersten Courtney and Maddie too.
Fan, Thank you for keeping us updated on Carl's progress. Although we can't stop by for a visit, there is no distance in our prayers. You have an amazing community of family and friends. Draw from their love and support. May you experience God's amazing grace in this challenging hour. He hears and will answer your heart's cry. Your friend, Pat
I am wife to a very special man and mom to 4 children ranging in age from 17-25. My oldest daughter and her husband gave us our first grandchild in 2009, a little girl who fills a spot in my heart I didn't even know was empty! I hope to use this blog as a journal of sorts, probably about our new little love, but also an outlet for my "musings". I realized last year after I started blogging about my husband's motorcycle accident(see www.carlsmucker.blogspot.com), how much I love putting my thoughts into words. Thanks for taking time to join me here!
22 comments:
Fan, I wanted you to know that I was praying for Carl alot tonight. I keep asking the Lord that he would help Him to walk in peace and keep his eyes fixed on Christ. I thought I would check the blog before bed and saw your request for prayer for peace. I will pray and fast tomorrow on his behalf and ask the Lord to grant him peace to sustain his heart and mind during this journey. Grace and peace to you as well. Know that you and your family are loved and covered by the awesome grace of our Heavenly Father.
we're praying, fan.
shawn and mai
Peace to you from the Hess's
Fan, please know that we are praying for you, Carl and the kids, that "the peace of God which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." I am especially praying for both of you tonight.
Vern
Hello Carl & Fan, I was sorry to hear about the accident when we got back from our vacation. I've been lifting you up to our God of miracles.I missed you on Thursday. Did you get any lunch leftovers?
This is a wonderful way to stay in tune to what's happening. I check up on you a lot. I pray God will shower you with peace & give you grace for the days ahead. Take one day at a time.
Love, Rachel
Hello Fan,
I am praying tonight for peace in Carl's mind and for yours. I know how easy it can be to start "what if" thinking and about what's ahead, but remember to take one day at a time. You will have to remind Carl of what he said to me about 2 yrs. ago when we were both in the office and I just got back from the dentist. He knew I was nervous about going that morning and he asked how everything went. I explained to him that I had to go back again that next week and I said how that is now on my mind. He told me not to worry about the days ahead because no matter what I think, tomorrow will take care of itself. That is so true!
Love ya,
Anita
Carl,
I'm so sorry that life stinks for you right now - this is not where you want to be. Too much pain, plus the drugs are probably messing with your mind ... I'm so sorry.
I don't know you, but I'm a friend of Paul and Linda Hertzler from Elverson and they told me about your accident.
I've traveled the road you are on. 'One day at a time' was the key phrase that helped me after life-threatening injuries 4 years ago. After our motorhome was in an accident with 5 semi-trucks in CA, I spent 12 days in a medically-induced coma, needed 45 units of blood in the first 24 hours, was in the OR at least 10 times the first month, had a dozen bone fractures and massive wounds - all on my lower body. At first, amputation seemed like the only answer for my left leg - but praise God, for his healing and for wise, skilled doctors willing to do a 10 hours surgery to save it! The doctors told my husband my leg injuries and my crushed pelvis might prevent me from ever walking again - just 3 short months later, I walked on my own two feet!
Our bodies are created in an amazing way - they can heal from incredible traumas! Now (though my legs are severely scared) I walk well, I can even jog alittle (I was a runner pre-accident, so that's a big deal to me)
Praying for 'peace that passes understanding' as you take one minute at a time.
Carl & Fan, see my blog for today. It's past midnight and I'm only now getting to bed with my heart full of thoughts toward you. I love you all tonight and always.
Fan, I just now got in from Pa. Yes, I pray for peace for you and for Carl. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon thee because he trusteth in thee" That is my prayer. Isa. 16:31
Fan, it was so good to see you and I can see how God has you in the palm of His hands. You can rest in that.
Mandi, It was so good to see you for a breif moment. I do wish I could have seen the rest of you all. I continue to pray for you. Uncle Chub
Hi Fan - just checked in before heading to bed - thank you so much for staying in touch with us through the blog. I am praying for you tonight and especially Carl -for the peace that you requested for him - may God flood his heart and mind and his room too -with HIS perfect peace!
Be Still and KNOW that I AM GOD. Psalm 46:10
Hugs,
dawn
Good Morning Fan,
We read your blog last evening before going to bed. We want you all to know we are prayed for you. We pray too that God Himself will reveal His Presence in a very special way to you today. You are continually in our hearts and prayers.
Love You All,
Glenn & Faye
Fan, I didn't read this till the next morning but am praying for God's peace to keep Carl's mind today....and your's as well.
Carl and Fan,
Hear is some neat verses for you today.
I would have dispaired unless I had beleived that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord; Be strong,and let your heart take courage;Yes, wait for the Lord.
Love to you, Faye
Dear Fan & Carol,
We were saddened to hear of your accident and blessed to see your family and friends praying and standing with you!
We are praying for you and believe that God is the God of the impossible. God is not finished with you yet! May his peace & healing power surround you today!
Dave & Connie Dienner
Good Morning Carl & Fan,
I didn't see your blog last night, but read it now and thought of the verse that one of our kids memorized and said whenever she tended to become anxious about something. It's Psa 131:1-2 and her paraphrased version is, "I do not concern myself with matters too great or awesome for me, but I have stilled and quieted myself just as a small child is quiet with it's mother." That's my prayer for you today!
Love,
Sharon Martin
Good Morning, Carl & Fan
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you many times the past days and week. You must be feeling like its a terrible dream but just can't seem to wake up. You are very much loved!
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16 NIV
Love,
Mary Ann & Lloyd
Carl and Fan, I have been reminded of the Lord so much recently about your hearts for him; especially your trip to Africa and the playset that Carl gave. Also the wonderful fundraiser that you had at your home just weeks ago. God has not forgotten your faithfulness and he has such wonderful things planned for your future. Choose to rest in this and his wonderful love. Someone just said to me, "When my whole world fell apart, I still had Jesus! This is so true. We love you. Kim Miller
we are praying for your family fan.we will also pray for the peace of God to rule your hearts and minds
Our prayers are with you!
God bless
Emy
Hey Smuckers!
I just wanted you to know that the Staffieri's are standing with you. I was thinking about something Jesus said to his disciples.
"I told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."
Mandi, Carson, Tessa & Christy-We love you all and you are in our prayers. We are praying that you will be unshakable and assured during this challenging time!
Love,
John, Carolyn, Abby and Nate Staffieri
Hello Fan, we have been praying for your family since the accident and am believing in healing to Carl's body and peace to his mind. Brent and Theresa Stoltzfus..Kiersten Courtney and Maddie too.
Fan,
Thank you for keeping us updated on Carl's progress. Although we can't stop by for a visit, there is no distance in our prayers. You have an amazing community of family and friends. Draw from their love and support. May you experience God's amazing grace in this challenging hour. He hears and will answer your heart's cry.
Your friend, Pat
Post a Comment