The Big Dad

The Big Dad

Monday, August 11, 2008

Donating Blood in Carl's Name

Dad has had several blood transfusions over the past few days and may need more blood before his upcoming surgeries.

A friend of ours mentioned that one way to help is by donating blood in Dad's name. If your blood is the same type, it might be used for his transfusions, If it is not the same type, it would be donated to the Bank for another patient. Dad's blood type is A positive.

If you are interested in learning more, please go to the following link for Lancaster General Hospital to make an appointment to donate and for general information on blood donation:
http://www.lancastergeneral.org/content/blood-bank-LGH.htm

If you decide to do this just make sure you tell them that you are wanting to do it for Carl Smucker.

-The Family

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Fan,
I get up in the morning and I think about you all and how you're coping with it all. I'm praying for Carl's recovery and for strength and peace for you and the kids.
If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.
Blessings to you, Gordie

PS. I would love to give blood but can't due to the meds I'm on.

Anonymous said...

Dear Fan,
Wanting you to know that we are praying for you and thinking about you and Carl and your children so much. We know that God's grace and healing power will shine for all of you in this difficult time. Blessings to all of you. With all our love, Kim Miller and family

Anonymous said...

Dear Smucker family,
You are in our thoughts often throughout each day - which causes us to pray for you many times each day. We are praying in agreement with you for complete healing to Carl's legs. We witnessed so many miracles in Zambia this summer - now we want to witness one for Carl! We love you guys!
"Mulungu aku dalise" (God Bless you in Nyanja).
Andy,Colleen,Natalie & Hannah

Anonymous said...

Dear Smucker family,

I was so sorry to hear the news regarding Carl's accident but thankful that the Lord is showing His mercy. I'm praying for his recovery and the strength you need each day. I'm passing the word at the bank of the blood need and plan on donating this week. May God bless!

Andy Leaman

Anonymous said...

Link is incorrect. It should be underscores instead of hyphens;) Prayers for everyone! God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Dear Fan , we're praying all goes well tomorrow. God bless you!
cousins Chet and Anna Mary