The Big Dad

The Big Dad

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good News!

Carl just returned to his room from his 5th surgery in 13 days.

The surgeon did NOT need to do any skin grafting! Apparently, the swelling in his right leg had gone down enough that they were able to close the incision without taking skin from his body. What a wonderful surprise! I asked the doctor why they never mentioned that possibility to us and he said it is so rare in a situation like this that he just never brings it up. It certainly was an example of God giving us "more than we could have ever asked for or thought of!"

The biggest long-term positive effect from this gift is the fact that now they can start physical therapy on both knees tomorrow instead of waiting for the skin graft to heal and then starting to move the leg.

This means a lot of hard work for Carl in the coming days! They will keep him heavily medicated to try to combat the pain, but he is ready to get started. I also believe that God is able to make the pain less intense for Carl and give him strength to do what needs to be done for his healing.

It is such a relief to have the surgeries behind us! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers and your support through these past two weeks. We are humbled by your outpouring of love. Luree, your presence today as always, was reassuring and comforting to me. I will learn to trust the process.

-Fan

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds great

the power of prayer


PAUL

Vickie said...

Praise the Lord!! We continue to hold you up in prayer. This is just wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! He's always working in unexpected ways, isn't He?
Love you guys,
Aaron and Jess

Anonymous said...

Way To go Lord!! Great. That is wonderful news. We continue to pray for you all. Chub

oh joy! said...

That's the best news. Never, ever give up 5 minutes before the miracle! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

awesome, what an answer to prayer. love you guys thanks for the updates.

judy

Anonymous said...

Awesome! All of you are never far from our thoughts and prayers.
Love ya's,
R.J. & Shana

The lady of the house... said...

just two days ago the Dr. said "his leg will always be this swollen!" i'm soooo glad he was wrong! what wonderful, unexpected news! a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
xoxo,
J.

Anonymous said...

Totally, totally awesome! God IS good ALL the time!!! Carl and family - my prayer is that God continues to astound everyone with His mighty power working in each one of you. What a testimony you ALL are and will continue to be. The power of prayer....... Sharon Auker

Anonymous said...

In deepest sleep one night I dreamed,that on the beach I walked. God was by my side each step, and quietly we talked. Then on the sky my life was flashed; The visions all serene. Two sets of footprints in the sand, were there in every scene. But then I noticed in some scenes, of suffering, pain, and strife... Just a single set of footprints, at the worst times of my life. God...you said you'd stay by me,in good times and in bad... Why then did you leave me, each time was sad? "My precious child" God answered, "When your life had pain I knew; The single set of footprints, were the times I carried you"       -Kent Brown   

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news! I got choked up when I read the good news. God is full of miracles and what a neat testimony. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
Merle and Reba

Anita Southam said...

Hi Fan,
God is sooo good! What awesome news. This scipture came to my mind as I was thinking about this miracle Carl has received today:
2 Corinthians 2:9 - "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"
It's so great to know we serve a God who shows His goodness in every situation we face no matter what.

Love ya's,
Anita

Anonymous said...

Hi Fan!
What awesome news! We've been praying for you all day! Looks like God answered all of our prayers! God is so AWESOME!!! I know there are more miracles to come! Love You Guys!
Love, Sharon and Bri Beiler

Anonymous said...

That is great news!! Praying for you guys.

Terry & Julia

Gordie said...

The best news I heard in a while!
Fantastic! We love you guys and continue to pray for you. Hang in there Carl, God's not finished with you yet!
Gordie

Anonymous said...

Hello Carl and Fan,
I woke up early yesterday (Wednesday) morning with Carl on my mind and I prayed for him and you all for awhile, so this is an awesome answer to prayer!! Isn't it just so great to watch the faithfulness of God!! He DOES give us over and above what we think and I know we are going to hear many more testimonies of His "over and above" stuff!!

Sadie Crills